Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Alexander McQueen Fall Winter 2012

I'm obsessed. Beyond obsessed with this collection. It's everything I've wanted since I was three years old and insisted in sleeping in my tutu. It's my childhood fantasy merged with, well, my adulthood fantasy. Ruffles, feathers, layers of tulle, OH MY!!!

A merging of Alice in Wonderland with A Midsummer Night's Dream, non? Magical and whimsical. Creative director Sarah Burton's inspiration was the  'rippling underbellies of mushrooms', and it shows. 







This picture. I want to live inside this picture:









Amidst a front row including Anna Wintour and Salma Hayek, AP reports that Hal Rubenstein, InStyle magazine fashion director said: 'It was exhilarating... With talent like Sarah's you just sit back and relish the sense of fantasy. No one else has it.'

Joe Zee, creative director of Elle, tweeted: 'The genius of Sarah Burton & why I love her: She always delivers a stellar collection but takes a bow in a simple shirt, jeans & flats.'


Interview magazine calls her 'the year's brightest fashion star' following an stunning twelve months that has seen applauded collections for McQueen, the runaway success of the Metropolitan Museum of Art's Savage Beauty exhibition and, of course, that dress: The Duchess of Cambridge glided down Westminster Cathedral's aisle to Prince William's side in one of Ms Burton's creations.







When asked how she landed an internship at McQueen, Burton responds, 
'It’s funny, because I sometimes ask that myself. I think maybe I was quite shy. I wasn't the trendiest girl at college,' she explained.
'I just loved what I was doing. I loved research at the time. I think I was always in the print room working.'
















No comments:

Post a Comment