Monday, March 19, 2012

Rihannon to Start Fashion Line

Another day, another celebrity fashion line. Everyone does it, and as a result, I think it's difficult to be taken seriously. Kanye shouldn't quit his day job. JLo's line is now defunct, but she;s designing for Khol's. The Kardashian's are a laughable and copied all of their handbags from high end designers, and Paris Hilton's line is pure crap. On the other hand, other celebs have had great success. Gwen Stefani, Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen, Nicole Richie and Jessica Simpson have all done well. 



The singer has confirmed the news - but hasn't divulged any details or launch dates yet.
Rihanna tells Ryan Seacrest: 'I'm really pursuing a fashion line of my own. I want to design. This is also a road that I want to earn it. So I'm working with designers. Designers that I respect, and [fashion] companies that I respect. 
'I want people to really trust me before I just say 'Buy it, because it's mine.''


Rihana, the face of Armani jeans, is currently working with several designers on her new collection
As the face of Armani jeans, the singer recently unveiled a collection of capsule t-shirts for the Italian label


It is not yet known who she is working with but Rihanna has been certainly keeping the rumour mill turning.

Not only is she the face of Armani jeans, she was also invited to Stella McCartney's London presentation during Fashion Week last month. While in London,  she stopped off at Topshop, where she spent over five hours in the Oxford St branch and then visited the River Island headquarters.


It will be interesting to see what Rihanna puts out, and I'm sure she will stay true to her style, I hope, or else I'm not sure what will set her apart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment