Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Oscar Not So Favorites 2012

It's not that the dresses are ugly. It's not that the wearers of said dresses look bad. It's just...they're not my favorite. I wouldn't wear them for whatever reason. Here they are: Viloa Davis in Vera Wang. I love Viola. I love Vera. I love the color. However, there is something off here. I don't love the beading, and I don't love the pleating, which is odd, because I generally love beading and pleating and all things feminine. This just comes off as mall shop cheap to me. Sorry Viola. Love the wig free hair though!!
Angelina Jolie in Versace. Same old, same old. She does get extra points for the leg thrust, though.
Melissa McCarthy in Marina Rinaldi. It's tough to be anything bigger than a stick in Hollywood. You have the whole industry against you, and roles are slim (pun intended). Dressing for the Oscars is especially difficult if you weigh more than, oh I don't know, 120 pounds. However, I love Melissa and think she is not only very funny, but a lovely woman. I just don't love the dress. Again....it looks cheap to me. I think Octavia Spencer really nailed it in the beaded/sequined department.

No comments:

Post a Comment