Thursday, May 17, 2012

Marion Cotillard in Cannes for Rust and Bone


With roles in blockbusters such as Chris Nolan's The Dark Night Rises and Cannes-celebrated feature Rust And Bone, Marion Cotillard is nothing if not hot property.
And the 36-year-old certainly looked every inch the international star at her photocall today at the 65th International Film Festival.
Marion was ethereal in a beautiful layered chiffon dress, nipped at the waist with a gold belt.

Rust and Bone photocall: Marion Cotillard looked lovely in a pale pink dress today at Cannes

 
    She posed alongside her Rust and Bone co-star, Belgian actor Matthias Schoenaerts,
    Her latest role sees her play a woman who loses her legs and must struggle with the help of an unlikely ally to rebuild her life.
    Pretty youthful: Summery lemon heels accentuated her long legs, and Marion wore her wavy dark hair in a pretty side pony tail


    Leading man: Marion posed alongside co-star, Belgian actor Matthias Schoenaerts, who was handsome in a back suit and pale blue shirt

    Marion has admitted that she found the challenge of playing a troubled and enigmatic woman who must rebuild her life after losing her legs dauntng.
    She said: 'On the whole when I read a script ... I immediately understand the character.'
    'With Stephanie I reached the end of the script and I still didn't know who she was.'
    Shared challenge: The film centres on the struggle of the two lead characters- played by Maion and Matthias - to rise above their difficult circumstances
    Shared challenge: The film centres on the struggle of the two lead characters- played by Maion and Matthias - to rise above their difficult circumstances

    'I said to Jacques, I'm a bit scared, I don't know how this is going to work. And he said, 'I don't know either.''
    Schoenaerts meanwhile admitted to journalists at the festival that he had been  intimidated by his co-star, calling her 'an exceptional actress'.
    'I thought, there's Jacques, there's Marion, I'm never going to manage,' Schoenaerts said. 'I'll be useless.'


    No comments:

    Post a Comment