Monday, March 26, 2012

Angelina Jolie Talks About Her Leg Thrust

From Fashionista:



Photo: Getty
Remember Angelina Jolie’s right leg on Oscar night? Of course you do. She thrust it out of the thigh-high slit on her Versace gown all the way down the red carpet, and then on stage while presenting an award. It was so obviously weird that the winners of said award–the writers of The Descendants who won for best adapted screenplay–all mocked her immediately during their acceptance speech. Following the Oscars, Jolie’s right leg went viral, and spawned a Twitter account, countless Tumblrs, and fun games like Jolie legbombing–pasting Jolie’s right leg in a photo.
Jolie has finally addressed the phenomenon of her right leg, and in typically Jolie-fashion, she kind of makes you feel bad about yourself for even thinking it was a thing.
“I honestly didn’t pay attention to it,” she told the Huffington Post. “You know what I mean? I don’t watch those TV shows and if I go online and see something about myself, I don’t click on it. And the people I surround myself with don’t really talk about that kind of stuff. [Laughs]. I heard something, but I didn’t pay any attention. It’s as simple as being a woman picking a dress you like and having a night, and not really thinking about anything else.”
Right…
Here’s what we wish she would have said:
“I know you think that woman who carried around a vial of blood around her neck is gone and only does martyr-ly philanthropic things, but she’s still here. In my right leg.”
OR
“This leg is actually my newest adopted child, and I’m just giving it [Ed. note: Jolie does not see gender] a chance to shine. On the red carpet, natch.”
OR
“I know, right? It was SO weird. You know when you have of few glasses of champagne (and maybe half of a joint in the limo with your boo) and you don’t realize what you’re doing is so weird? And then you KEEP doing it? Yeah…”


No comments:

Post a Comment