Monday, April 9, 2012

Chloe Jade Green's Shoe Line for Topshop



The daughter of Topshop boss Philip Green has collaborated with the chain on a new collection of high heels inspired by the French cobbler Christian Louboutin's label.
CJG (Chloe Jade Green) launches next month but Chloe has given fans a sneak peek on her website - unveiling a skyscraper pair of silver peep-toe booties.
Chloe Green
Chloe Green's shoe collection for Topshop will be unveiled next month
Shoes
The collection includes a pair of gold peep-toe booties with signature green sole

But unlike Louboutin's coveted footwear, Chloe's shoes are said to retail at the more affordable price of around £80 - £200.
Chloe designed the collection with the help of six Topshop buyers and designers and every pair will come sporting her signature trademark - a green sole.
And the 20-year-old even has the ultimate seal of approval from Kate Moss.
Chloe said: ‘She (Kate) thought they were great although she did say some of the shoes were very high.
‘I designed my collection myself. The shoes are made in Brazil and they all have a green sole.’

 Eh....I think anyone who uses one color (any color) on their sole is going to be labeled a copycat. Louboutin has already paved, and owns that road. I think if anyone else does it, it will seem like a cheap design gimmick. Just my opinion. I'm also not sure that I can take her designing skills very seriously. She had a ton of help from actual designers and buyers, and let's face it, she didn't have to struggle to get her shoes out there. She was born into it. I just think she didn't have to try very hard...where is her street cred? I can knock off Louboutin's too and call them "inspired by".

Chloe Green
Chloe designed the shoes herself and was inspired by French cobbler Christian Louboutin

Chloe has already road tested the collection, wearing a pair of her peep-toe lace-up boots to the Topshop fashion show during London Fashion Week last year.  
The Made in Chelsea star has always expressed entrepreneurial flair and even has ambitions to takeover her father's company.
She said: ‘Dad would bring me in to meetings when I was 10 to show me how the industry worked. I would point out things I liked and didn’t like and I’ve been doing it ever since. I think he saw that I had an eye for clothes and design from an early age.’

The Chloe Jade Green collection will be available to buy from May 17th
Top pops: Chloe Green hopes to one day take over Topshop from her father Sir Phllip
Chloe is very close to her father, Topshop boss Sir Philip Green, who is backing the project

No comments:

Post a Comment