Monday, April 9, 2012

Zooey Deschanel on May's Marie Claire


Now famous and widely adored for her quirky sense of style and girl-next door good looks, things weren't always so easy for Zooey Deschanel, who says she was 'ridiculed' for being 'chubby' in her pre-teenage years at school. 
'I still have in me the same awareness when I was 12 and chubby and a girl was spitting in my face,' she tells the May issue of Marie Claire magazine. 'I’m the same person.'

Sultry: Zooey Deschanel goes from quirky to smouldering in new photo shoot for the latest issue of U.S. Marie Claire magazine

'I really don't know why she spit at me. I just talked to her. I guess I wasn't allowed to talk to her. I remember I couldn't believe it.'
She adds: 'Certainly you change, and you change perspective, you have other experiences. But isn’t it funny – I can still remember when I was treated differently from the way I’m treated now.'

She's in fashion: he New Girl actress and singer sports a halter-neck white, gold and green dress with chunky silver necklace on the cover of the glossy publication


Unique: Zooey usually sports a quirkier look as Jessica Day on TV show New Girl


The New Girl star also reveals she is not yet back in the dating game after filing for divorce from her musician husband Ben Gibbard last December, citing irreconcilable differences. 
'Honestly, I’m just going through a divorce, so I don’t really think that’s something I want to get into now,' she says, when asked about her dating life. 
'I don’t have time to date. I literally – don’t have time.'

And although her older sister, Bones star Emily Deschanel became a mother to baby Henry last September, Zooey doesn't appear too interested in becoming a mother herself. 
'That’s never been my focus,' she says. 'My sister [Emily] was always very motherly, babysitting and stuff. 
'I like kids, and I like being around kids – but it was never an ambition, something, like, I need.

'I like working. That’s what I like doing. I like to work.'
The star has kept herself occupied with her band She & Him as well as her role as offbeat, eccentric teacher Jess Day on NBC hit The New Girl

The May issue of  Marie Claire hits newsstands on Tuesday, April 17th. 
For more on Zooey, log on to Marie Claire's website

No comments:

Post a Comment